The Athenaeum Club
The Athenaeum Club, designed by Decimus Burton, opened in 1830.
Our records show that Hurst Peirce + Malcolm LLP were involved in alterations in 1920, and again in 1961 when an annexe was added to the side elevation at lower ground floor level.
Recently, we have been commissioned to provide structural advice in connection with a part refurbishment of the members' area and the staff accommodation. In providing this service we were aided by the records in our archives.
As part of the background research for the alterations to the members' area we were privileged to examine the original drawings by Decimus Burton, which are held in the Club archives.
The project managers are ATIS Real Weatheralls.